Based 45 minutes outside of Idaho Falls, Idaho, we currently have an exciting opportunity for Exploration Geologists to join our expanding team reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist at our Kilgore project.
The Kilgore project is a caldera-related epithermal gold deposit with a current Indicated Resource of 44.6 million tonnes at 0.58 g/t Au for 825,000 ounces Au and an Inferred Resource of 9.4 million tonnes at 0.45 g/t Au for 136,000 ounces Au. The property includes historical mine workings dating back to the early 1900s with further drilling in the 1980s that revealed the potential for mineralization well outside of the existing resource area, with limited follow up to date. Kilgore displays similar characteristics to Kinross Gold’s Round Mountain Mine, which has produced over 15 million ounces of gold to date.
Multiple opportunities exist to enhance the Kilgore Deposit and we are in search of Exploration Geologists to grow with the project.
- Collection and interpretation of geological data from exploration efforts including diamond drilling, field mapping, surface sampling
- Contribute to exploration work programs and exploration planning
- Ensuring best practices are upheld
- Assisting in assuring quality control and quality assurance of samples
- Ensuring geological data collected is to company standard and in line with QAQC protocol
- Monitor performance and work of core technicians
- All other tasks related to exploration programs
- B.Sc in Earth Science / Geology
- Minimum two to five years’ experience of relevant core logging and field work
- Drivers license is required
- Ability to drive an ATV
- Experience core logging using standard geological software
- Good data management skills
- Good communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, community, and best practices
Please submit applications to Jorge Ortega.
All applicants and their interest are greatly appreciated. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Student Field Geologists
Excellon Idaho Gold is looking to hire the following positions for the Kilgore Exploration Project in Clark County, Idaho: Exploration Geologist and Student Field Geologists.
If you are a student who is interested in applying for the Student Field Geologist position, please contact Phil Bandy.
Primary responsibilities of the Student Field Geologist will include:
- Collecting and documenting rock and soil samples
- Assisting with a variety of geological activities at both the deposit- and regional-scale
- Supported activities will include geological field mapping, prospecting, and core logging
- Data entry for a variety of geological, geophysical, and geochemical datasets
Other duties as required
- Excellon is looking for the following skills, knowledge, qualifications, and experience:
- Currently enrolled in a B.Sc. or M.Sc. program in geology, geological sciences, geological engineering, or earth sciences
- Familiar with basic geological concepts such as rock and mineral identification and field mapping
- Ability to spend long days in the field carrying a backpack with samples and equipment
- Able to navigate in remote areas using compass and GPS (GPS training provided)
- Ability to lift and manipulate core boxes that can weigh 40-50 pounds
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude are a must
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Possess a valid US driver’s license with a clean record, comfortable driving 4×4 trucks
- Works safely and promotes safe and environmental practices (safety training will be provided)
- Ability to carry out a variety of assigned tasks in both field and office settings